Papers from Gmund are manufactured on highest level. When it comes to quality control, not only on innovative online photo-optical sensors, each individual sheet is check by their skilled hands and experienced eyes of veteran employees. That’s why each delivered packet is accompanied by a certificate for tested and guaranteed impeccable high-quality paper.
Gmund and their customers abide by the terms of the Environmental Charta, which obliges them to uphold the four pillars of environmental protection in the paper industry. Water consumption is continually reduced through efficient optimization measures. Only Gmund treats its industrial water with ozone and entirely without chemicals. Gmund’s papers are FSC®-certified. Waste is separately collected and recycled. Thanks to in-house facilities, we produce up to 75% of our electrical current through water power, solar energy and power-heat coupling – without generating CO2.
A fundamental policy of the Gmund Paper Mill is not to participate, either directly or indirectly, in any of the following unacceptable activities:
- Illegal logging or trading with illegally harvested wood or wood products
- Infringements against traditional rights and human rights in forestry operations
- Destruction of specially protected areas in forested regions
- Large-scale transformation of naturally grown forests into plantations or non-forestry operations
- Introduction of genetically manipulated organisms into forestry operations
- Violations of the ILO Declaration or one of the ILO’s core agreements, which define the fundamental principles and rights in the context of forestry work.